"This company is a scam. BEWARE PARENTS.
We had the Full Refund Protection for $150 - but they do not honor it.
I signed my daughter up for a trip to DC in Oct 2011 and paid $75--the trip is for May 21, 2012.
I paid nothing else and considered the trip cancelled, knowing they would keep the $75 for cancellation penalty. No Problem.
In MARCH 2012 Julie, one of their reps kept calling me to change my mind and send my daughter on this trip and PAY MORE of the $900 trip fee.
Finally I gave in (they know how to make you feel guilty about not doing everything you can for your child) and gave them $250 on March 21st 2012.
Then I had a medical emergency (retina detachment) March 29 --8 days later....and formally cancelled the trip in writing--that took about 3 attempts of mailing, faxing, calling and emailing then they finally responded that they had 'received' the notice.
They refuse to refund the $250 they took on March 21st. That's a hefty penalty for 8 calendar days of taking my money.
I am very disappointed that my daughters private school works with this company.
MY ADVICE: DO NOT RESPOND TO THEIR ONGOING DIRECT CALLS AND SOLITATION begging you to let your child 'be with ALL of her other friends on this great educational trip"
YOU CAN HUNT ALL OVER THE WEBSITE and good luck finding the fact that you are AUTOMATICALLY enrolled in the Full Refund Program for $150...you will NOT get a refund even if you are in the FULL REFUND PROGRAM. It doesn't matter that THEY SOLICIT YOU to restart the program 6 weeks before the trip.
I am reporting this company to the BBB, State Attorney General and of course to my private school AND EVERY WEBSITE I CAN FIND.
Parents need to protect other Parents.
PARENTS BEWARE. AVOID THIS COMPANY.
Lisa 704-363-3333 You can call me with any questions.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Educational Trips For Students
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "If you have been contacted by Leisure Getaways for an timeshare update at a local eatery, save yourself the trouble and DO NOT get involved.Leisure Getaways is NOT RCI (as..."
- "My husband and I have been on numerous other tours on five continents as well as small boat cruises, all of which we enjoyed. We will not be repeating..."
- "Signed up at a car rental place to receieve $100 rebate on my rental. I never received the rebate, I had to call twice to receive paper in the mail...."
- " We hired We Hang Holiday Lights in Toms river NJ to decorate our home and trees with lights garland and wreaths. Ryan Phillips was present on the job site..."
- "Purchased these green beans a day ago. I don't know what is in it but it is nasty. I would like to be contacted about this. I don't know if..."
- "I wish I could get off AARP's mailing list, they occupy the top of my junk mail sender list. They have begun employing a new and rather unscrupulous tactic, in..."
- "Why i didnt get the items i paid for ..."
- "I went into store# 01053 to purchase some panties, and accessories today. When I got home and started to take the panties out of the bag, and laid them on..."
- "There should be a class action lawsuit started against Angie's List. 1) The site incorrectly charged me when i signed up. The sign up walks you through one price,..."