1.6
Additional Fees

You would be better off to save the money for this trip and go to Washing DC with your family on your own, it would be a better time and it would probably be cheaper overall.The first day (Monday) was a travel day; we flew into Reagan International and were bussed for 1 hour to Dulles Airport to pick up two other groups.

We were then bussed for 3 hours to Williamsburg VA, checking into our hotel around 10:00pm. The restaurant for our first DC dinner was not ready for us. They actually thought our dinner reservation had been canceled. To make matters more difficult, the dinner plan was to take Texans to eat dinner in a Mexican restaurant in Virginia (which is all I can say about that).

Day two was spent in Jamestown and Colonial Williamsburg. We were rushed through all the museums and tour activities, without anytime to enjoy the visits. We then took the 3 hour bus ride back to Maryland to our hotel, checking in around 10:00pm, again. This left 2 ½ days for Washing DC (Wednesday, Thursday, and part of Friday) before our return trip home.

Half a day was spent at Arlington Cemetery and half a day at MT. Vernon, two important places to visit, but left only 1 ½ days for Washington, DC. We were rushed through everything. We only got to see the outside of most buildings.

You should go with your child if he/she has a food allergy. My daughter probably would not have eaten for two days because she is gluten intolerant and no accommodations. One day she only had rice and watermelon for dinner. There were four people in another group that had the same problem and the only restaurant that was accommodating was Sal’s Italian Restaurant.

All other places said they did not have it in their contract for gluten-free diets. You are captive on this tour, finding other places to eat or getting something if an issue arises does not happen. If the hotel does not have it you will not get it. When Worldstrides was contacted they said it was up to the tour coordinator from the school to contact each restaurant for food sensitivity.

Worldstrides does this for a living, this should be their responsibility. It cost $6,000 to send me and my daughter. We could probably spend the same amount and sent my family of four and had a much better time, and would have seen more places.

We spent upwards of 30% of our time on the bus.I would not recommend this trip or this company to have the safety and well being of your child in their hands.

Review about: Worldstrides Tour.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Would of starved my child if i had not been there.

Had an Experience with Worldstrides?

Comments

La Quinta, California, United States #1340948

First I want to thank you for taking the time to write your post!You saved me thousands of dollars and headaches from signing up!

I was literally seconds from clicking the submit button for EZPay payments. After reading your post and other post on this page I have completely changed my mind!!

I'm so sorry that you and your child had to experience this!

I am so glad I read your post before I signed up for a nightmare!Take care and thanks again!!